Karl Marx Was a Psychopath

World opinion is sharply divided concerning Marxists and non-Marxists. You could almost say that Marxists and non-Marxists are two very different kinds of beings.

The common perception of the term “psychopath” is the criminal psychopath, such as John Wayne Gacy or Ted Bundy. But there is a growing awareness that the distinguishing factor in the psychopathic condition is the absence of emotional connection — no sympathy, no empathy, no conscience, no remorse, no guilt — whether the psychopath is chopping up human bodies or defrauding investors of billions of dollars. Identified sub-types include Political Psychopaths, Corporate Psychopaths, and Military Psychopaths, in addition to mass murderers.

Professor Robert Hare is a leading expert on Psychopathy, having co-written the excellent book, Snakes in Suits, and having devised the Hare Psychopathy Checklist – Revised (PCL-R). The Hare Checklist is a tool for professional use, by trained professionals. From the Hare Checklist (see below), many particular traits may be associated with psychopathic behavior, and only a trained professional is capable of making a definitive judgment. Most psychopaths do not display all traits, nor to the same degree. Karl Marx loved his children but provided for them very poorly, Casey Anthony would rather not have had a child, preferring to party. Casey Anthony exhibited psychopathic behavior patterns, and in her trial, the prosecutor specifically compared Anthony’s behavior to the traits listed in the Hare Checklist. The Hare Checklist grades each of twenty items, looking for a total score to determine the degree of dysfunction. Karl Marx can be speculatively scored against the Hare PCL-R insofar as we have a track of his behavior from his family history, from his letters and writings, and from his contemporary associates (radicals all) as indicated by the numbered checklist items below.

THE HARE PSYCHOPATHY CHECK LIST Revised (PCL-R)

Factor 1 Aggressive narcissism (malignant narcissism)

1. Glibness/superficial charm

15. Irresponsibility
16. Failure to accept responsibility for own actions
17. Many short term marital relationships
18. Juvenile delinquency
19. Revocation of conditional release
20. Criminal versatility

Karl Marx was the original hippie, dirty, smelly, and shiftless (10, 14, 15, 16). His personal hygiene was so bad he suffered extensively from boils and skin eruptions all his life. Newt Gingrich’s advice to the Occupy crowd would have served well for Marx: “Go get a job right after you take a bath.”

Marx’s family on both sides was descended from a long line of Jewish rabbis, but his parents converted to Lutheranism for business and political reasons. Marx repudiated his family values and all Judeo-Christian values. Marx was something of a juvenile delinquent (12, 18), and wasted a year at Bonn University partying and drinking and going into debt (6, 12, 14, 15, 16). His father had to pay his son’s debts and he then sent young Marx to the University of Berlin where Marx soon joined radical groups (3), and the course of his life was settled.

Marx was incapable of holding a steady job (15), and lived precariously on intermittent low-paying work as a journalist, supplemented by several inheritances from his family and his wife’s family (Marx eagerly awaited the death of an elderly relative from whom he expected an inheritance). Other resources were mainly derived from “borrowing” money from fellow radicals (6, 9), and Friedrich Engels helped support the Marx family for years. His wife was totally loyal to him, but they lived in extreme poverty and several of their children died of malnutrition and illness (15). The evidence indicates that Marx had an illegitimate son (11) by the family housekeeper, Helen Demuth. Back when such things mattered to socialists and communists, Marx and his followers tried to conceal the existence of Marx’s illegitimate son. Demuth was a wedding gift from Marx’s wife’s family and lived with the Marx family until Karl died, receiving only room and board; in other words, Demuth’s status was identical to that of a household slave.

From the Gale Encyclopedia of Biography as quoted in answers.com:

“A man of immense learning and sharp intellectual power, Marx, often impatient and irascible antagonized people by his sardonic wit, bluntness, and dogmatism, which bordered on arrogance. His enemies were legion.”

From which we can infer that Marx had a grandiose sense of self-worth (2), was cunning/manipulative (5), was callous/lack(ing) of empathy (8), had poor behavioural controls (10), and had a lack of realistic long-term goals (15). So, Marx would appear to have many traits associated with psychopathy.

For a person who claimed to champion the working man, Marx was remarkably indifferent toward actual working people and certainly did not get his own hands dirty, not from work at any rate. Marx died in London in 1883, unnoted and unremarked. There were eleven people at his funeral, all family and/or politically radical associates. Marx left no legacy but his writings and a network of fellow psychopaths, the most influential being Vladimir Lenin, followed by a long string of would-be revolutionaries and criminal psychopaths: Stalin, Mao Tse-Tung, Kim Il-Sung, Pol Pot, Fidel Castro, and their ilk. Political and military psychopaths unanimously morph into violent criminal psychopaths when they gain sufficient power, with lawyers (Lenin, Castro) and warlords (Mao, Kim Il-Sung) predominating. The enduring appeal of Marxism is precisely among those influential few who share Marx’s psychopathic outlook, and those who can be bought or brainwashed into supporting Marxist goals.

Marx is reputed to be one of the greatest among economic and social thinkers, but this opinion is held primarily among his muddled followers who have their own psychopathic tendencies: wannabe revolutionaries, dotty Marxist professors (Bill Ayers, Clower and Piven, etc.), and their students in journalism and law. These are areas where good little Marxists can accumulate and exercise influence, and confirm their identities within a cause greater than themselves. Without such a cause, run-of-the-mill Marxists in academia, journalism, and law would be moderately intelligent nobodies with deficient egos. Regardless of the quality of Marx’s cogitations, application of his principles to actual governance in Marxist states has an unrelenting history of destruction, disaster, and death, a record that leftists with psychopathic tendencies find quite attractive. But Hitler was at least equally psychopathic and achieved similar results on a much smaller scale, and International Socialists hate National Socialists at least as much as they hate stone cold sober productive Conservatives, also known as Classical Liberals, such as Thomas Jefferson.

Every “classless” Marxist society that ever existed has soon dissolved into a savage dictatorship with three classes of citizens: the nomenclatura, the worker drones, and the kulaks and useless idiots who are executed or starved as an example to everyone else. There have been many attempts to implement Marxist-model systems: all have failed, just as you might expect of a system devised by a psychopath and implemented by psychopaths. Hard Marxist regimes fail, soft Marxist Social-Democratic Europe is failing now, and the hybrid Chinese bubble is threatening collapse. If the Soviets and other Marxist regimes ever had a real interest in Marxist philosophy, it was soon abandoned in favor of brute power for the elite nomenclatura.

America is declining to the degree we have embraced statist, collectivist visions during the last eighty years. Psychopathic tendencies are common throughout the world and throughout history, but modern communications technology has made psychopathy a worldwide threat beginning in the Twentieth Century. Marxists are discredited by their own flawed philosophy, and even more by their own incompetence and corruption. Marx’s economic theories are the worst nonsense, and have never worked in practice. The attraction of Marxism is not that it will eventually create a perfect system — that is propaganda for useless idiots. The attraction of Marxism is that it gives psychopaths power now, and Marxists will destroy anyone who stands in their way.

The founders of the American Republic introduced a new concept of freedom and self governance and it has achieved unparalleled success, which drives totalitarians of every stripe to distraction. Our Republic is now under threat from Corporate and Political Psychopaths who have no empathy, no conscience, no remorse, no guilt, and who are “insane without delirium,” as psychopathy was once defined. Actual working people almost unanimously reject Marxism unless bought off with unearned “entitlements” or coerced as were the kulaks, five million of whom died from Soviet coercion.

Do you wonder that Marxist politicians and their allies and associates are corrupt and dishonest and keep getting richer, while the Republic and its citizens, including the poor, are getting poorer? It is because Marxist politicians and their associates are psychopaths.

15 Comments

1. Posted April 21, 2012 at 6:20 am | Permalink

Kevin Dutton has spent years studying how people change others’ minds. The answers he finds may surprise you. Dutton combines new discoveries in cognitive psychology and neurobiology with funny, playful anecdotes, to explain how our brains perceive common stimuli, showing that we’re wired for occasional deception. We communicate even when we don’t realize; we receive signals from others that have little basis in reason. Surprisingly, the people who most easily persuade us are psychopaths, those who least have our interests at heart, though they seldom mean us harm. I question how useful Dutton’s discoveries are for crafting persuasion. The intricate steps he describes contradict his split second promise. But in terms of analyzing and disarming influence, careful reading to comprehend psychological tactics could defend us against those who would treat us like resources. If this book can help people recognize when others want to persuade or even deceive us, I would call it nothing short of a miracle.

2. Posted April 24, 2012 at 7:28 pm | Permalink

Can I simply say what a relief to find someone who actually is aware of what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know how you can deliver a difficulty to mild and make it important. More people have to read this and perceive this side of the story. I cant imagine youre no more in style since you undoubtedly have the gift.

3. Posted June 22, 2012 at 6:08 pm | Permalink

I have to express some thanks to you for rescuing me from this dilemma. Right after searching through the the web and meeting views that were not beneficial, I thought my life was gone. Living without the presence of solutions to the difficulties you have fixed all through your good short post is a crucial case, and those that would have negatively damaged my entire career if I hadn’t come across your blog. Your good expertise and kindness in touching every item was tremendous. I’m not sure what I would have done if I had not encountered such a stuff like this. It’s possible to now look forward to my future. Thanks a lot so much for this professional and effective help. I will not be reluctant to endorse your blog to anyone who ought to have assistance about this problem.

4. Posted September 18, 2012 at 2:48 pm | Permalink

Interesting article, you continually think up the most useful topics & Karl Marx Was a Psychopath is no exception

5. Posted December 15, 2012 at 6:22 am | Permalink

I much like the important facts you present on your reports.I’ll bookmark your web site and test again here recurrently.I am extremely absolutely sure I will be taught lots of latest things best suited right here! Great luck for the next!

6. Posted January 3, 2013 at 3:39 pm | Permalink

This is the turn Karl Marx Was a Psychopath – mandynamerica.com Blog blog for anyone who wants to seek out out nearly this message. You observation so some its virtually exhausting to reason with you (not that I really would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new prolong on a theme thats been graphic almost for eld. Nice shove, only outstanding!

7. Angela
    Posted February 4, 2013 at 3:41 am | Permalink

Wow! Perfect. I wish I had written this but I was so repulsed by Marx’s writing that I had to take a grade lower as I could not stomach reading him let alone trying to write something rational. Nice Job!

8. John
    Posted March 2, 2013 at 3:03 am | Permalink

One comment:

My heart’s beloved:

I am writing you again, because I am alone and because it troubles me always to have a dialogue with you in my head, without your knowing anything about it or hearing it or being able to answer…

Momentary absence is good, for in constant presence things seem too much alike to be differentiated. Proximity dwarfs even towers, while the petty and the commonplace, at close view, grow too big. Small habits, which may physically irritate and take on emotional form, disappear when the immediate object is removed from the eye. Great passions, which through proximity assume the form of petty routine,grow and again take on their natural dimension on account of the magic of distance. So it is with my love. You have only to be snatched away from me even in a mere dream, and I know immediately that the time has only served, as do sun and rain for plants, for growth.

The moment you are absent, my love for you shows itself to be what it is, a giant, in which are crowded together all the energy of my spirit and all the character of my heart. It makes me feel like a man again, because I feel a great passion; and the multifariousness, in which study and modern education entangle us, and the skepticism which necessarily makes us find fault with all subjective and objective impressions, all of these are entirely designed to make us all small and weak and whining. But love – not love for the Feuerbach-type of man, not for the metabolism, not for the proletariat – but the love for the beloved and particularly for you, makes a man again a man…

There are many females in the world, and some among them are beautiful. But where could I find again a face, whose every feature, even every wrinkle, is a reminder of the greatest and sweetest memories of my life? Even my endless pains, my irreplaceable losses I read in your sweet countenance, and I kiss away the pain when I kiss your sweet face…

Good-bye, my sweet heart. I kiss you and the children many thousand times.

Yours, Karl

This is a letter from Karl Marx to his wife, Jenny von Westphalen from 1865.

I mean, I know Stalin & Mao twisted this guy’s political writings to provide excuses for the worst things people have done ever, but is this the letter of a psychopath?

Admin Note – Good point and I will respond with a post. Watch for it.

9. Posted March 16, 2013 at 4:59 am | Permalink

My brother suggested I would possibly like this blog.
    He used to be totally right. This submit actually made my day.
    You cann’t believe just how so much time I had spent for this info! Thank you!

10. Posted March 30, 2013 at 11:14 pm | Permalink

Superb website you have here, but I was curious about if you
    knew of any community forums that cover the same topics discussed here?

I’d really love to be a part of group where I can get suggestions from other knowledgeable individuals that share the same interest. If you have any recommendations, please let me know.
    Thank you!

Admin Note – You are welcome to comment here, but I am not sure what you expect of a “community forum.”

11. Posted March 30, 2013 at 11:23 pm | Permalink

My partner and I absolutely love your weblog and find almost all of your posts to be high quality.

Would you offer the option for guest writers to put
    together blog posts for your website? I would like the chance
    to write on subjects related to the content that you publish here.

Admin Note – All on-topic posts are welcome, subject to basic standards. Enter a comment that contributes to the discussion, it will be revued, and will be utilized as appropriate.

12. Posted July 12, 2013 at 12:06 am | Permalink

Does your website have a contact page? I’m having trouble locating it but, I’d like to send you an email.
    I’ve got some ideas for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great blog and I look forward to seeing it grow over time.

Admin Note: Note CONTACT box at top of screen. All comments are screened before publishing, so you can comment directly. E-mail address is:

mandyn@mandynamerica.com

Thanx, Admin

13. Posted September 25, 2013 at 9:00 pm | Permalink

Gday! This is the third time visiting now and I really just wanted to say I truley relish reading through your website. I decided to bookmark it at stumbleupon.com with your title: %BLOGTITLE% and your Website address: %BLOGURL%. I hope this is fine with you, I’m attempting to give your great blog a bit more coverage. Be back soon.

Admin Note – Glad you like my humble effort. Just happened to catch your post. This website has a spam filter and most spam is filtered out. If you have something to contribute that furthers the discussion, I will be glad to hear it, otherwise it will be lost in the filter.

14. Posted May 17, 2014 at 7:51 pm | Permalink

i was married to a soctopaih for 18 yrs ,two sons, she wanted people to think she was sweet and naive, i asked her not to go to this one bar, i said it was a meat market, she comes back in 5 minutes and asks me honey when you said meat market did you mean meat market or meet market?. she was good she would suck you in with her charm, we had a 7 hr trial in court for custody, i brought one guy in 22 yrs younger than her , he said yes we screwed on the beach once a week and she bought me clothes with the husbands credit cards, the judge made her read outloud a love letter she wrote to this guy, 3 pages long, in it she says she has cheated her kids but his love was worth it! i dug into her past when we were divorcing, found out she was cheating with her ex bosses even their mailman! . she got custody for a week, i went over with my sons to divide xmas stuff, she punched me in the face and dug her nails into my arm, she was arrested and signed over custody to me to stay out of jail, she had to pay me $400 a month child support for 5 yrs, my sons want nothing to do with her. she gave up her rights when she picked up a hammer and went after our son! i thank god i am away from her every day, i took her to aa meetings we would leave and she would say you have the problem not me! i would sit on the couch in the dark at 5 or 6 in the morning waiting for her to come home from wherever in clearwater, she lied on a restraing order and admitted it in court so she could kick me out and bring in her ex con boyfriend with a police record a mile long! he is a tree trimmer!,lolol .i look back on it now, and god was doing me the biggest favor, but at the time i just didn’t know it, to this day nine yrs later she has not contacted her sons at all and only lives 2 miles away, they want nothing to do with her, very sad, i believe she lives alone now, but in the end isn’t that how these kind of people end up?. i am married to my old girlfriend who i used to throw snowball at on the way home from 6th grade school!, she is very very good to me, i never wanted to get involved in the court system because it’s so unfair, in pinellas county fla. i trusted this sick woman with my books and the money, i found out she was buying clothes etc for her boyfriends etc. i do believe what goes around comes around. the sad part is .they think they are the victim and don’t ever consider other people at all, even their sons, god help them!

15. Administrator
    Posted May 18, 2014 at 3:08 am | Permalink

My sympathies. I have had similar marital experiences but not as bad as what you have described. People who have never experienced a psychopath are blissfully unaware of the gut-wrenching turmoil that psychopaths create in family relations or on the job. Psychopathy is attracting more attention, and with luck more people will learn to avoid psychopaths. Hasten the day.

3 Trackbacks

1. [...] }); The Psychopath ChecklistAftermath Radio: Genetic and Environmental Factors in Psychopathy Karl Marx Was a Psychopath – mandynamerica.com BlogThe Psychopath ChecklistKarl Marx Was a Psychopath – mandynamerica.com [...]

2. By The Road to Pathocracy | PatriotsBillboard on August 2, 2014 at 5:31 pm

[...] Karl Marx had the characteristics of a clinical psychopath; no wonder that all Marxist revolutions fail. Marxist totalitarians (Lenin, Stalin, Hitler, Mao) adopt Marxist ideology, not because it produces beneficial results, but because it gives them control. The pathological need for control is the driving force behind psychopathic personalities, including Obama. [...]

3. By Road to Pathocracy | UniteOC on August 6, 2014 at 4:11 am